An internship at ADAPT will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching with as many as 150 athletes per day. Each intern will have the chance to coach youth, high school, collegiate athletes, and business professionals. Interns will become more familiar with the intricacies of program design, and observe and assist a variety of professional athletes under the supervision of our qualified staff of strength & conditioning coaches. The program is designed for both the current undergraduate student, and the post bachelor young professional looking for experience.
This internship will dramatically improve your skills as a coach. Internships allow hands- on coaching with up to 100 athletes per day, gives a real life, learn- by- doing experience. In addition there will be weekly staff in-service meeting. These meeting will be focused on continuing education and business development. Additionally, all interns are provided with ADAPT apparel, and will be granted free participation in any seminars/mentorships hosted here at our facility during their time with us.
Internships are scheduled according to academic semesters and summer vacation. We offer both a full-time and part-time internship program. Full-time interns are expected to work a minimum of 30 hours per week throughout the duration of their program. Part-time interns are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week throughout the duration of their program.
Fall: Sept. 1 – Dec. 23
Spring: Jan. 3 – May 31
Summer: June 1 – Aug. 30
- Dynamic and specific WU drills
- Assisting with supervision and execution of strength training programs; for assigned group/team.
- Teaching student athletes proper techniques and equipment use.
- Attending to the daily maintenance of the training facilities.
- Participation in weekly projects and assignments throughout the internship program.
- Daily setup of gym and weight room.
- Be eager to learn and accept constructive criticism
- Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes.
Qualifications: Required: must have a strong work ethic and have a desire to become a Strength & Conditioning professional. Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, and/or certification from all or one of the following: NSCA CSCS, CSCCA SCCC, USAW, NASM PES, ACSM HFI, etc…
How to Apply: Applications are accepted year round to fill internship positions each semester. Send letter of application, resume and references to email@example.com